Directions for Dyeing Cotton Fabric with BONNEDYE Powder Dyes
To obtain maximum wash fastness and minimize potential bleeding of the dye, treat the freshly dyed fabric with BONNEDYE No. 263-F Color Fixative as follows:
- Wash fabric thoroughly to remove any dirt, chemicals, etc.
- Rinse well to remove all soap, detergent or bleach.
- Add clean water which is between 160º and 200ºF (140ºF minimum) to washing wheel.
- Dissolve dye in hot water and stir until dissolved (optional) or add dye directly to washing wheel and run for five minutes.
- (Use 1# dye per 100# fabric for light to medium shades.)
- (Use 2-4# dye per 100# fabric for medium to dark shades.)
- Add approximately three pounds of salt (light shades) for each 100 pounds of fabric.
- Add approximately ten pounds of salt (dark shades) for each 100 pounds of fabric.
- Run washing wheel for 30 to 45 minutes until all dye is absorbed on fabric.
- Follow with two cold rinses.
(Use one to two pints of color fixative per 100 pounds of fabric.)
- Add clean water which is between 120º and 140ºF to washing wheel.
- Add color fixative and run for fifteen minutes.
- Drain and dry fabric.