Directions for Dyeing Cotton Fabric with BONNEDYE Dyes (4 oz. Packets)
To obtain maximum wash fastness and minimize potential bleeding of the dye, treat the freshly dyed fabric with BONNEDYE No. 263-F Color Fixative as follows:
- Wash fabric thoroughly to remove any dirt, chemicals, etc.
- Rinse well to remove all soap, detergent or bleach.
- Add clean water which is between 160º and 200ºF (140ºF minimum) to washing wheel.
- Dissolve dye in hot water and stir until dissolved (optional) or add dye directly to washing wheel and run for five minutes.
- (Use 2 packets dye per 100# fabric for light to medium shades.)
- (Use 4-8 packets dye per 100# fabric for medium to dark shades.)
- For touch-ups, use 1 packet dye per 150# fabric, or as desired.
- Add approximately three pounds of salt (light shades) for each 100 pounds of fabric.
- Add approximately ten pounds of salt (dark shades) for each 100 pounds of fabric.
- Run washing wheel for 30 to 45 minutes until all dye is absorbed on fabric.
- Follow with two cold rinses.
- Add clean water which is between 120º and 140ºF to washing wheel.
- Add color fixative and run for fifteen minutes.
(Use one to two pints of color fixative per 100 pounds of fabric.)
- Drain and dry fabric.